Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kissing

I thought everyone would enjoy a photo of Melissa's garden, she's been working really hard on it this year--actually removing weeds and rocks, everything else died but these flowers. Notice Morgan is proudly wearing her cousin Layne's dress.

I got a kick out of this. I was at work today and Melissa sent me a text saying: "New rule! Morgan is not allowed to kiss James." James is our five year old neighbor. I guess James was over playing with Morgan and they were pretending to get married. Melissa interrupted them and asked "Morgan you didn't kiss did you?" and Morgan gave the I-didn't-hear-you answer that I swear I invented by innocently saying "What?" Melissa knew that James sometimes kisses another one of his friends (a girl, sicko) so she pulled Morgan aside and asked her again if they kissed when they pretended to get married. She answered "Yes, but you and Daddy kiss" and Melissa said "Yes but we are really married." Morgan then went back to pretending and said to James: "James, I can marry you but I can't kiss you!"

Yesterday, I was watching Morgan while Melissa was at Young Womens and Morgan's friend Maren came and asked if Morgan could play. Morgan had to do something upstairs first and then was allowed to play. I forget what she had to do but I went upstairs to check on her and asked if she was ready to go outside and play with Maren, but I said Maren like how our old friends from Utah State pronounced it--with a long 'a' sound. Morgan looked at me funny and said "Daddy, it's Maren, Ma-a-a-a-a-." She would have continued but she perceived that I was being amused by her corrections, so she started over, "Daddy, Daddy, it's Ma-a-a-a-a-r-r-r-r-ren." "OK Morgan, thanks."

Melissa told me that on Monday they were on their way to the store and took a route that passed the sports fields on campus. It has been unusually dry lately so almost everything is becoming brown and ugly. Melissa noticed that they were watering one of the fields with a sprinkler. As they passed the sprinkler Morgan suddenly said "Mommy, what is THAT?" Melissa thought it was funny that Morgan had no idea what a sprinkler was--I guess she's becoming a Pennsylvanian! Don't worry, we'll move back soon and work on reversing all of this.

0 comments: