We had another ultrasound today and now we are sure that it is a girl. We had a little confusion last time and have had some difficulty in deciding on a name ever since. But now that we're sure, I've listed a few of our possibilities in the poll above and I'd like everyone to vote for your favorite name. If you just don't like any of them then feel free to post a comment with your suggestion. I am interested to know what name you think will fit our little girl. To help, below is a profile taken today.
Judging by the lips, I suggested the name 'Shanaynay' but we couldn't think of a middle name to go with it.
Also, I forgot to mention one more name I liked. The problem with having 'Dean' as a last name is that it can sound like 'ing.' I suggested to Melissa that I really like the name Mae (or May, but not after the band--sorry Greg) and Melissa just looked at me funny and said "Mae Dean." Once she said the names together I quickly changed my mind, I can't have my child's name sound like 'mating.'
Update:
The poll has closed, and you can see the results at the bottom of the sidebar. It was nice to see everyone's opinion, however we still can't decide! Perhaps when she's born.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Profile
Posted at
8:57 PM
6
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Although Shanaynay is a great name, I feel that it's a bit too close to Layne's "Detroit Name"... ShaLayNay... and the girls might often be confused when you call out their names. :)
The picture is beautiful and I'm happy to see you're carrying on additional "dean traits" like our large lips, noses and... well, you know!!!
Beautiful Baby! Congratulations!
Wow, what a difficult choice! I really like Addison and Hailey. Good luck.
Shanaynay, huh? How about Shaquitha? Moquira? Bojamma? I love those lips!!! When we had Lilly's ultrasound, I was freaked out because her nose was humungous! I though I was having an elephant or something. Then she came out and her nose looked normal, thank goodness. Dirty, decieving ultrasounds! I love Lucy (hyuk, Hyuk) but the poll won't let me vote. :)
Fantastic! You guys will LOVE having two girls. I find great joy in calling my two "our little women". I'm so happy that you like the name Lucy too! It's funny because when we had our Lucy and finally decided to name her that all of the nursery nurses said they had never had a baby named that before. We were shocked! Lucy's middle name is Caroline and we just met another older Lucy with the middle name Grace. I like that a lot too. My other vote would be for Hailey. I've always loved that name! Congrats to the Deans!
I didn't know you guys were having a baby! I am so happy for you! Why didn't you say anything this summer you little stinkers :) You guys are the best and we are so lucky to know you. Melissa, you look beautiful and I can't believe how much Morgan looks like you. What a cute family. I think you should name the baby "Wendi" but that name wasn't a choice on your poll. Maybe you should add it... Just kidding.
Hey guys, you can stalk us down anytime. I love your blog! I love this new way of staying in touch. Take care! when are you due?
Post a Comment