It's been a while, and Melissa has already received a few complaints about our lack of blogging. I don't know why anyone complains to her, she's the one wrestling the kids all day; a lot of posting equals a lot of slacking from Daddy, but if I must I must.
Just to keep it simple I thought I'd post several recent pictures of the family and a couple more 'Morgan' stories. I hope it was worth waiting for.
Just to keep it simple I thought I'd post several recent pictures of the family and a couple more 'Morgan' stories. I hope it was worth waiting for.
Just to prove it here is a picture of Morgan at the same age.And lastly are some photos from our new mac. Mel and I have planned on buying one for our anniversary since August, but we never could get ourselves to commit. But Melissa made the decision for us and just got it for me for Christmas. So I guess instead of it being OUR anniversary present to each other, it's her present to ME! Ha ha ha! Just kidding. Some have thought my posts will become some work of art from the Macintosh wonderland, however they forget that this is blogger software. But here are some photos of Morgan's favorite feature--the Photo Booth!
I call this "Quasimodo."As far as the 'Morgan' stories go, things have been a little dry lately. It has amazed me at how much Mikayla has changed our lives. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but poor little Morgy has had to share a lot of her attention, and her craziness is fed only on attention. So we've had a little output because of our limited input. However she is still a cheerful little girl and has done remarkably well with the new addition, and has given us a few peeks into the mind of a crazy four year-old cheerleader.
Usually I only like to post content that is original, so if someone is here to visit and they witness one of Morgan's punchlines then it's theirs to keep, however this one is just to good to pass up.
When my parents were in town to see the kids we took them out to eat at our favorite breakfast style restaurant--the Waffle Shop. And for those who know what I'm talking about we went to the good one, on East College, not the remade, Denny's look-alike on Atherton or Blue Course. This is the downtown State College, crazy as ever on football weeks, Waffle Shop. And everyone knows how it is when grandparents come to town, they always want to pay for stuff. Well, this place is perfect because they only take cash! That's right Mom and Dad, I can now afford a cheap breakfast. So why not show it off huh?
Anyway, because it's downtown we had to park in a lot and walk to the shop. And because it's right across the street from campus Morgan loves to point and say "That's where Daddy works!" However, on our way out of the Waffle Shop we walked by a lingerie store with scantly clad manikins and everything and Morgan had to add "That's NOT where my Daddy works."
Poor Morgan must have been cursed with my poor vocabulary. For some reason everything to her is "spicy." She will not drink carbonated drinks (thank goodness) because they taste "spicy." When her hands are dry (another curse from me) and it stings to put on lotion, she says it feels "spicy." And usually, when Morgan has girlie problems she only approaches and talks to Melissa, however, one evening when Melissa was gone Morgan came out of the bathroom and said "Daddy, when I go to the bathroom, it feels spicy." I wasn't too sure on how to interpret that one.
Last night Melissa made taco salads and a berry shake for dinner. A friend gave us some Sprite so Melissa put some in with her shake; it tasted ok, but the original was better. We were dishing our plates and Melissa was helping Morgan and asked her if she wanted some ranch dressing on her taco salad, and Morgan asked for some on the side. After we were eating for a while Melissa and I noticed and started to observe Morgan as she would scoop as much ranch dressing as possible onto her fork and quickly shovel it into her mouth, eating it straight like it was a side dish or something. Suddenly, Morgan looked up at Melissa and said "Oh, gross!" I thought, "No kidding, you're eating the ranch dressing straight!" But no, she continued "You put Sprite in your shake? That's gross!"
Usually I only like to post content that is original, so if someone is here to visit and they witness one of Morgan's punchlines then it's theirs to keep, however this one is just to good to pass up.
When my parents were in town to see the kids we took them out to eat at our favorite breakfast style restaurant--the Waffle Shop. And for those who know what I'm talking about we went to the good one, on East College, not the remade, Denny's look-alike on Atherton or Blue Course. This is the downtown State College, crazy as ever on football weeks, Waffle Shop. And everyone knows how it is when grandparents come to town, they always want to pay for stuff. Well, this place is perfect because they only take cash! That's right Mom and Dad, I can now afford a cheap breakfast. So why not show it off huh?
Anyway, because it's downtown we had to park in a lot and walk to the shop. And because it's right across the street from campus Morgan loves to point and say "That's where Daddy works!" However, on our way out of the Waffle Shop we walked by a lingerie store with scantly clad manikins and everything and Morgan had to add "That's NOT where my Daddy works."
Poor Morgan must have been cursed with my poor vocabulary. For some reason everything to her is "spicy." She will not drink carbonated drinks (thank goodness) because they taste "spicy." When her hands are dry (another curse from me) and it stings to put on lotion, she says it feels "spicy." And usually, when Morgan has girlie problems she only approaches and talks to Melissa, however, one evening when Melissa was gone Morgan came out of the bathroom and said "Daddy, when I go to the bathroom, it feels spicy." I wasn't too sure on how to interpret that one.
Last night Melissa made taco salads and a berry shake for dinner. A friend gave us some Sprite so Melissa put some in with her shake; it tasted ok, but the original was better. We were dishing our plates and Melissa was helping Morgan and asked her if she wanted some ranch dressing on her taco salad, and Morgan asked for some on the side. After we were eating for a while Melissa and I noticed and started to observe Morgan as she would scoop as much ranch dressing as possible onto her fork and quickly shovel it into her mouth, eating it straight like it was a side dish or something. Suddenly, Morgan looked up at Melissa and said "Oh, gross!" I thought, "No kidding, you're eating the ranch dressing straight!" But no, she continued "You put Sprite in your shake? That's gross!"





8 comments:
The pictures are adorable!! I just love the Morgan stories! She is such a sweet girl!
Wow! Where did Morgan get that beautiful red dress. It's gorgeous! Thanks for updating the blog. Rob and I sincerely appreciate the stories and photos. Melissa - you look great! Adam - you look like you're having too much fun. Morgan - you're fantastically entertaining and enjoyable, and Mikayla - you are beautiful!
Take care one and all. Love - Rob and Cindy
You guys are just the cutest family!
Oh man, that blog post made me feel spicy! What a little kook, she's hilarious! I miss you guys like mad and hate that I can't be holding your 2nd identical cookie from the Dean cookie cutter. :) You guys are the greatest.
I just love all the cute dresses and girly slippers! Not much of that kinda stuff in my house. I remeber when Jesse was a baby I dressed him up in a little dress (you know how crazy those old cinder blocks made us) well he just screamed the entire time. Even back then he knew he was a boy in and out! I still love the cute girls stuff, buy if I see something I give it to my nieces instead of playing dress up with my boys! :)
Mikayla is such a doll! And Melissa, you look gorgeous! I was showing Abby this blog and she just kept saying, "I like Morgan!"
I love the pictures, and of course Morgans antics. It's amazing to see the similarities between Mikayla and Morgan. You'll have to label all your pictures to make sure you keep them straight. Melissa, gorgeous as usual, I love the family picture, and I'm not so sure about Adam's excuse of 9 am church. Come on, you had to leave a lot earlier than that for Huntingdon meetings. I know.
Hi Dean Family-
I don't even know how I found your blog but I did, yeah!! I cant believe how big Morgan is and your new little one is so precious!!! Its been a really long time and I just wanted to say hello and hope the East coast is treating you all well. Visit our blog http://www.shanejamierylee.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you soon
Shane, Jamie & Rylee Smith
Post a Comment