Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spray painted bird

We went to Tussey Mountain and rode go-karts and my favorite part of the whole thing was how excited Mikayla was to see the go-karts going around and around and then while Morgan and I were driving we were having so much fun and she says to me, "This is so much better than grocery shopping!" I guess we don't lead an exciting life.


Adam has been working literally day and night to finish up his dissertation, and one day he was telling me how he likes to look out the window and watch the cardinals in our backyard. "Today I saw a cardinal that was red on the stomach and brown everywhere else, so I thought 'what a messed up looking cardinal, it looks like someone spray painted it brown!'" Poor guy had to laugh at himself when he realized he hadn't seen a robin in awhile.



Morgan is still loving school and learning so much. However, we never hear anything about it.

Mikayla keeps us on our toes, tonight she sat down on the water shut-off valve by the toilet and water started spraying everywhere, but she didn't mind at all. I keep finding her into or on EVERYTHING, and below is a video of again another noise she comes up with (Sorry, I obviously can't make the noise), and who could leave out the dancing videos!









21 comments:

Robert Trishman said...

Too adorable! I can't handle how absolutely amazing and beautiful your family is! Good luck to Adam! Send our love to all.
Cindy & Rob

Unknown said...

Love the update. Keeep them coming. I love racing those go-carts!

Heather said...

The noise that she makes sounds a little like chewie from Star wars

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

love the race car pic, so good to hear from you guys, when you guys moving back out this way??? Hope all is well!!!

dani said...

so cute!

Rachel Seren said...

She is such a cute little baby! I just love that age. We are in the same boat with Jess. I have to pull everything out of him to find out what happened at school. I found I can't just ask, "what did you do today?" because all I get is an "I don't know" So I have to ask very specific questions. I wonder if it is a kindergartener thing.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe what a little climber Mikayla is! That is hilarious and she is adorable. And I too, must agree with Morgan that go-carts are much mor fun that grocery shopping.

Karen said...

grocery shopping? that is too funny! Thanks for the great pictures and update- we hope you guys are having fun and doing well!

Megan, John and kids said...

Grocery shopping? She is hilarious! And I can't believe Mikayla got into the water valve. Well, she's keeping you on your toes. They're so cute!

bubba said...

So cute. I swear this is my favorite blog. I look forward to every post. It makes me smile. It makes me cry...mostly cause i am laughing so hard. I love your family. Don't leave. :(
You have a great sense of humor...all of you.

The Gag-nears said...

I was cracking up hearing Melissa's try at the sound Mikayla made in the video. Seriously laughing hard missing you so much! I am still on a high from seeing you so much over my birthday! i am so lucky! Hope you are doing good!

Annie said...

Morgan says the funniest things. I loved the bit about the shopping cart.

Sara B said...

Go-carting-what a fun idea! Your girls are darling. Mara loves school too and when I ask her what she did she always says she can't remember!! Little stinkers!

Rana said...

How fun! Melissa and Adam You two have such a neat family!

Rachel said...

Haha, you guys have the funniest stories ever! I love reading them! What great pictures!

Carrie said...

Morgan you looked amazing driving that go cart, it looked like you were having a blast! Mikayla we (Gma Karen, Melisa Z and I) loved watching your video's. You make quite the noise with your mouth and you are very multi talented with your dancing. We especially love the bit of your little bum going up and down. Keep up the good work you two! Love ya Aunt Carrie

Andrea Stocks said...

Your girls are so cute. I love the noises babies make. Sadie just started saying mamamama. It makes daddy jealous. :) Luckily, she still isn't mobile so I don't need to worry too much about water valves and stuff (yet) :) Miss you guys!

Cass said...

Shawn and I both cracked up about the robin sighting story. :) Good luck to Adam and the mind numbing dissertation writing!
Your family is great! I love the go carts, but it has been way too long. We'll have to follow your lead and head over to Tussey.

MelissaR said...

The girls are so cute! Thanks for sharing all the funny pics and sayings- we miss you!

Melissa Markham said...

I don't know... I think grocery shopping is pretty fun. I LOVE your family! Do you really have to go to Idaho?

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Hi Dean Family,
I have silly request for ya, can you leave a comment on Rebecca Gagnier's blog and give her my email address, she went private recently and I dont know how else to get a hold of her....
Thanks so much

Jamie Smith

jamiesmith1818@gmail.com