Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's Official!

Melissa is now a true Pennsylvanian!  One of our pet peeves is how Central Pennsylvanians don't include verbs in sentences.  For example, instead of saying: "My lawn needs to be mowed," they say instead: "My lawn needs mowed."  I guess after enough playing around and paying attention you finally catch on, or at least Melissa catches on.  Today she received an email about signing up to feed the missionaries and said "Every time the missionaries needs fed..." and then she stopped, realized what she said, and started to laugh.  I only stood by in awe.  I guess this is a sacrifice for going to Huntington three times per week!

1 comments:

richard dandelion said...

I am SO with you on this. Though I've noticed it in other places. It was a pet peeve of mine in Utah county, as well.

Don't leave out the infinitive, folks. To be or not to be? Always, always, to be.