My apologies to anyone disappointed in my recent inactivity. I have heard several comments that its been too long since our last update. It's nice to hear this blog is being read; however, I would like it more if you would start your own blogs to keep US up to date. Does everyone know that this is free? If anyone would like to start one I can help.
Anyway, I've been very busy lately trying to get ready for the robot competition on June 8th, that means Mel has had Morgan on her own for 18 hours/day for a couple weeks now. Last night they came and visited me at work. I was working on getting one of the robots ready to show todays field trip of K-4 graders I teach in Rebersburg. I was assembling some parts and Morgan wanted to hold the motor controller. It's a blue, sleek looking controller that changes the current to the motors when I command it using the RC controller or computer....who cares right! Anyway, Morgan wanted to hold it, so being the pushover that I am I let her hold the $600 motor controller. No she didn't drop it, but she did like it. I then said "It's very expensive" and asked "Do you know what 'expensive' means?" And she replied "It means we can't order it." I almost died. I then asked her "You mean like Mommy's stamps?" and she agreed! What a way to learn the word expensive--Mommy's hobby! I asked Melissa later and she explained that she only lets Morgan play with one stamp set that she doesn't care about. One day Morgan asked why she couldn't play with the other sets and Melissa replied that they are too expensive and we have to order them online.
We love you all and appreciate your comments. Start your own blogs and I'll add a link to it on mine. We know only 1% of what is going on in your lives. I'm sure 75% of it we don't want to know about, but please keep us up to date.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Busy Busy
Posted at
7:37 AM
2
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like your idea of a blog - but, being honest here, I'd totally neglect the site. Besides, i'm not nearly as technically awesome as you and could not add pictures/video etc. with your flair. Good luck with the robots competition - I'm sure you'll do great. And good luck with the "expensive" learnings. Soon it will be you learning the meaning of "expensive" as Morgan learns the wonders of malls, credit cards and having Daddy wrapped around her finger.
Matt
My Little Family-
I would love to start a blog, however I don't think many people would want to know about what I do in a day. I don't do anything fun. Until I start school and that is just boring.
I love that morgan is learning so much just by the words/vocabulary you are using. Her emgerent literacy skills are progressing nicely. She will be one of the smarty pants in school. the kind of kid I want to teach.
Mel-
When you need anything let me know.
Love
Heather
AKA Perma Grin
Post a Comment