It's been a while since I've posted some of the random comments Morgan makes. I like to collect them and post them all together, just to give an overall idea of how funny she really is.
Today when I got home from work Melissa was outside with Morgan grilling hamburgers for dinner. Melissa came inside for a minute and told me to listen to to what Morgan would say. Sure enough Morgan piped up an hollered "Mom are you going inside?" Melissa responded yes and started to grin. Morgan replied "OK, I'll make an eye on dinner for you." Morgan must have picked this up recently and wanted to use it because Melissa said that all day she would say "I'll make an eye on..."
Once we sat down for dinner Melissa told me a story how Morgan and her friends Abby and James were eating a snack together. Abby asked to use Morgan's chair since the others were folding chairs and Abby didn't want them to fold up on her. Morgan said that she would scoot over for her to share but once Abby got on the chair Morgan got off and sat in the folding chair. Melissa noticed this and asked why Morgan decided not to share and move. Morgan responded "My head told me that we would bonk and I would fall off my chair so I'm going to sit over here." We're all glad Morgan's head is telling her what to do now.
Now that Melissa was on a roll of telling stories she told me how Abby, James and Morgan were upstairs in her room. After a few minutes Melissa went upstairs to check on them to find Morgan lying on the bed, with one of her baby dolls stuffed up her dress, telling Abby and James to just play by themselves because she was too tired. Melissa asked Morgan what she was doing and she replied "I'm just pretending to be you." Yes, stop asking, Melissa is pregnant.
I guess today Melissa and Morgan also went to the park with some friends. As they we're walking to the park Morgan said "Mommy, I wish I was small, small, smaller." Melissa asked why and Morgan said "Because I would love you." Melissa asked "Well, don't you already love me" and she answered "Yea, but then I would really love you!"
This morning when I got out of the shower and went downstairs to eat breakfast Morgan woke up and came downstairs. She wasn't interested in breakfast but only wanted to play outside. It was too early to go outside so she convinced me to let her play on my computer. The only thing I could think of to let her play was Minesweeper. I showed her how to click on the tiles until you hit a bomb, and then to click on the smiley face to start over--I figured this would be enough for her to allow me to brush my teeth. However, after only two or three minutes she was back upstairs in my bathroom wanted to do something else. Tonight Melissa told me that Morgan was giving her a recap of her morning and told her about the game where "you can't hit the bums" but said "I didn't like it--it was boring."
On Sunday Morgan and I were walking into the chapel while Melissa was about doing her Young Women business when someone stoped us and commented on Morgan's beautiful blonde hair. I replied by saying "Yea, she's a toe head!" As soon as Morgan spotted Melissa she went to her and said "Mommy, Daddy called me a tattle tale." Melissa was quite confused and asked why I would call her that and what she was tattling on, but Morgan just said "Because of my blonde hair."
My favorite recent story is how crazy Morgan has been lately with her baby dolls. She'll talk for them in a high and whinny voice and beg for us to hold her dolls. For some reason Melissa is her baby's sister, but I insisted to be her grandpa because I told Morgan that grandpa's don't have to change diapers. Morgan even brought her doll to church yesterday even though we make her leave it in the car during meetings. The doll is very lifelike and has often been confused as a real child in the grocery store because Morgan will convince us to carry it, so while Melissa drove to church I had a lot of fun in the front seat pretending to bounce a baby on my lap as we passed other cars; I was just waiting for someone to freak out and try and pull us over. The other day we were all getting ready to eat dinner and we convinced Morgan to put her doll away in her room upstairs. Morgan would continue to make random crying noises acting as though the baby wanted her until finally Morgan yelled up the stairs: "Alyssa," the baby's name, "stop talking to yourself and go to sleep!"
Monday, June 25, 2007
Highlights
Posted at
10:36 PM
0
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment