Friday, August 3, 2007

Mother's Daughter

Morgan and Melissa are having a lot of fun in Utah. Yesterday they went to Seven Peaks and Melissa explained to Morgan that she used to work there. Morgan is definitely a little Melissa who loves the sun and water; she thought Mom had a fun job. Morgan especially loved the wave pool and laughed every time she jumped over a wave.

A couple days ago Melissa was reading some stories to Morgan. I hope I got this story right, but there was one in particular that Morgan liked, it was a Winnie the Pooh story with a picture of him wearing a straw hat in front of a barn. I guess they moved on to read other stories when Morgan said "Can we read the Amish story again?" Wow. When I was four I had no idea who the Amish were. I guess that would be equivalent to me not knowing who the Polygamists were in Utah; I thought they were just really poor and they had to make their own clothes. Oh well, maybe Pooh was in fact Amish in the story, or it's just an honest mistake--like Melissa, not knowing the difference between blacks and hispanics. Oh wait, that was when Melissa was in High School. Either way they are my two, very similar, yellow M&M's! Love you girls!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Your the best!! Thanks for keeping the memories alive!