I think every father imagines one day teaching their children how to ride a bike without training wheels. At least that's what the movies make me believe. But today Morgan wanted to try it out; we've tried a few times before, but always on her short bike, and always unsuccessfully, with tears and frustration. However this time I put my engineering mind to work to realize that a taller bike means a lower natural frequency, thus she would tip over slower, hence giving her more time to react and balance herself out. Of course I realized this right after I put my lazy mind to work and just tried to kick the training wheels on her short bike up off the ground. Once I broke one of the training wheels and couldn't turn the other I then put my engineering mind to work and decided to ask and borrow a taller bike from Morgan's friend.
Adam's theorem:
You are never smart enough to solve a problem until you are dumb enough to create one.
Anyways, I thought I would post a video of her first time riding a bike without training wheels.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
No Training Wheels
Posted at
8:20 PM
3
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! Morgan, you did a great job riding your bike!! Your hair is so long! You are such a pretty girl. I hope you're being good for your mom & dad. I can't wait to see you on Sunday over the webcam.
Love you!! Aunt Cindy
Morgan,
I am so excited for you to ride your bike without training wheels. You will have to teach me when I get back! I miss you,
Abby
Oh wow!! Congrats Morgy!! She is brave, I can't believe she's riding a 2 wheeler. I'm sure we'll be posting Savanna's video when she's about 8. She's a chicken like her mama! :)
Post a Comment