Saturday, November 17, 2007

Chocolate

I thought I would show everyone Morgan's new stairmaster workout. Probably a good sign that she needs her sister to play with.




Often Morgan and I like to play a little rough, usually when Melissa is gone or busy. It's usually something like playing king of the hill, but on the couch, or anything else that involves a little tickling and a lot of throwing. She loves it. Just the other day she said "Daddy, can we cuddle and tickle and wrestle?" Sometimes she amazes me with how tough she can be; I could nearly throw her across the room and she still comes back for more. A couple nights ago we were playing and after a couple rough throws she stopped and said "Daddy, when the baby comes you can't wrestle with her, but you can with me. Just don't make me die!" and then charged at me.

Today Melissa took Morgan with her to the store. Morgan hates going to the store as much as I do and Melissa had to convince her that it would be a short trip by pulling out her shopping list and saying "Look Morgan, there are only three things on the list that we need to get." So throughout the store Morgan kept track of how many items they picked up, and when they finally got to three they headed to the checkout. On the way Melissa was too tempted by a box of chocolates and picked one up when Morgan said "Mommy, chocolate is not healthy for you to buy." And when they reached the checkout she accused Melissa saying "Mommy you lied," as she pulled out the shopping list, "you said only three things and you got one, two, three, four things. And it's not healthy to buy all that chocolate!"

2 comments:

Elle said...

Aughh! Melissa, if John was checking my list against everything I bought, I would be dead meat!! He used to love to shop with me, and has suddenly decided he is not coming anymore.
And I have to say that I am so impressed that Morgan WROTE a note! She is a very smart girl.
Lv,Michelle

Anonymous said...

You should ALWAYS buy lots of chocolate - especially when you're pregnant!