It's been a while, so I have to catch up on a few stories. The holiday was good, we had a lot of fun together as a family, but like everything else it has moved on too quickly and we are now back into our daily grind. However Morgan still keeps us on our toes; here are a few of her latest.
When Morgan falls asleep her bathroom door is visible from her bed and lately she has been closing it before she goes to bed. It wasn't until tonight that she finally explained why. She said "I shut my door because the little white dot in the bathroom looks like Captain Hook's eye." We had her point out the 'little white dot' and it turned out to be the top if the door hinge. Quite an imagination! She thought Captain Hook was looking at her through her bathroom door!
A couple days ago Morgan was browsing through Melissa's family magazine and randomly asked "Mommy, was this dog in the war?" Random! Melissa asked "What war?" "The one we're in right now." After Melissa explained that the dog probably wasn't in the war Morgan said "It just looks like it was hurt." Turns out it was just a picture of a wet dog.
Morgan has been taking cheerleading lessons where she had gymnastics lessons last year and, surprisingly, she loves it. She always points out the cheerleaders on TV, and since she says all I do is watch football she's had several chances lately. The other night all three of us were watching a game on TV when Morgan suddenly started to cry. Melissa asked her what was wrong (it probably took me a few minutes to register what was going on beyond the football game) and she said "I don't like boy cheerleaders!" After a minute of asking her why she said, while still crying, "I don't like how they take their shirts off and paint their chests!" It took a few more minutes to convince her that those were just fans in the crowd, but she added "So they don't wear skirts and have pom-poms?" No Morgan, they don't...thank goodness.
One of my favorite pastimes is teasing Melissa and Morgan, and I usually get a "Daaadddddyyyyy!" from Morgan. "Daadddyyy, be nice!" So, she is on to me, but I didn't know just how well until Sunday.
We live by a lot of internationals that have quite a different parenting style than our own. They aren't too worried about their kids running around in the streets, in neighbor's yards, or if their kids leave their bikes, bike racks, scooters, sticks, toys and other junk in the middle of the road. I've been pretty tired of it lately so I made up a game where whatever I find in my way in the road justifies my removing of the item out of my way by throwing it up as high as I possibly can, landing ever so 'gently' onto the grass. There has been a stroller wandering around the neighborhood for a few months now and last week it crossed my path. It was dark so I threw it into the bushes where it was well hidden, or at least it was until all the leaves fell off the bushes. On Sunday, we were getting into the car to go to church when Melissa spotted and pointed out the stroller being suspended into the air by the bushes. It took Morgan only a second to give me a "Daaadddddyyyyy!" "What Morgan?" "Did you do that Daddy?" Busted!
OK, hang on, just one more...
Nothing describes Morgan better than clothes! She is obsessed with her outfits, and notices everyone else's! A few weeks ago, after church, we were talking about one of the couples in the ward and we were trying to get Morgan to remember who they were. After a few minutes of descriptions Morgan finally said "Oh, was she the lady wearing a white skirt, with pink see-through tights and a yellow shirt and her hair in pig tails?" She was right.
This past Sunday, during ward choir practice (don't ask), Morgan was busy playing at the pulpit with my scriptures and pretending to give a talk or something. After the practice was over she asked us "Did you see that girl's tall shoes? They were black and white with a little flower on the side?" Can't say we did Morgan!
Oh, and I had to post a video of Morgan's favorite bedtime ritual. She asks to do this every night!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Clothes
Posted at
9:32 PM
3
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a character! Where is she blasting from to her bed? That is so funny? Is Adam throwing her? You guys are hilarious!
First, such a cute bedspread! ;)
We absolutely LOVED the video. I think the sound of her hitting the mattress makes it that much better. Needless to say we had a good laugh when we watched it!
The stroller in the bush made me think back to the good old days of PA. There were many times I felt the same way. It's good to know someone really has the guts to do something about it!
That video is awesome, now Eowyn wants to start that ritual now for her bedtime.
Post a Comment