I thought I would share some of our Halloween photos. The good times actually started last year when Melissa's mom made Morgan an Alice in Wonderland outfit. Melissa then decided to dress up as the queen of hearts, which left me to decide. After a lot of frustration and thread, Melissa made me a Cheshire Cat costume out of a couple pink and purple towels. The costume worked well, but was falling apart as I was wearing it and was so hot that I doubt I can wear it again, but Mel really did a great job on it.

Morgan and Melissa dressed up again for the annual State College costume parade. The city shut down the main road near campus and about 2,000 people pranced through town towards the high school football stadium to be judged. Morgan's teacher, Miss Jean, came and spotted us out from the masses.

Here is a photo of Morgan posing with our pumpkin that we finally carved on Monday, and I had fun showing Morgan some fog made from dry ice and water. We later used it to make home made root beer to drink with our traditional breakfast for dinner.
For my GREATT (trust me, it's not misspelled) fellowship we did some fun science demonstrations at a nearby elementary school. Because we went on Halloween, the other fellows and I dressed up as a nerds (my favorite) and scientists and got to participate with the schools lunchtime parade walk through town. When I was getting dressed up in my costume Melissa commented on how funny I looked and Morgan said "You look like Grandpa!" Classic! However half of the elementary kids thought I was a business man, or "gentleman." So nice, they didn't even have a stereotype for nerds yet. However the older kids knew exactly what I was and even chanted "Nerd!" for me when I entered the room.
2 comments:
Finally!!! Pictures of Melissa!! Hooray!! Thank you! And Adam, thanks for sharing a tidbit of your school experience. I feel so in the dark when it comes to what you are doing - even if it is basic. Great shots of Morgan and her fabulous, famous joke. :) You guys are great fun and thanks for sharing your life with us. Take care and know how much we love you!
Rob & Cindy
Halloween rocked for you. I am so exicted to see that the tradition is still alive door to door yeah!!!
Heather Perma Grin
Post a Comment