Have you ever just put something off thinking you would have more time later, just to find out that the amount to do was increasing faster than your availability? Well, I have a lot to catch up on from the last week and I hope I can make a collage of memorable stories here.
Last week Melissa and Morgan were playing house and Morgan was the mom and Melissa was a friend. Morgan apparently had a pretend baby and so Melissa said "Oh, then I'll bring you dinner" and Morgan replied "No. My husband is not sick, he can cook!" Sweet! Keep the high standards Morgan, don't settle for anything less!
On Sunday Melissa and I spoke in sacrament meeting about missionary work. During my talk I commented on how nobody here really cares if you are LDS, but Morgan must have misunderstood and asked Melissa "Did Daddy say he doesn't like church?" Melissa corrected her, and she said "Oh, I thought he said he didn't like our church, and I was like, what?"
After church we were invited to go dinner at a fellow ward members house. I was excited to have Sunday dinner, but mostly because the family has nine kids. On the way to the house we were talking about the fun parts of having a large family and how excited I was to observe. Melissa then said "Are you going to get homesick?" and Morgan quickly added "Daddy, do you need to take some medicine?"
Dinner was awesome. everything was supersized, crowded, and loud--I loved it. They even ran out of plates and had to use two special plates, the exact same plates we had at home. All that was missing was the giant red goblet to go with it.
I started a new project at school, now my fourth ongoing project, but this one will be my dissertation. I won't mention how long I'll be on it, but I will probably defend my proposal (my comprehensive exam) in the Spring--the last hoop before defending my dissertation. I don't know if you've seen the IED (bomb) disposal robots being used in the war, but we're contracted to design the next generation of robots. I also have been working on the other three projects and thought I would add a photo of the recent bot.
2 comments:
Adam, thanks for the stories and the update on your work. I guess I should have scrolled a bit further to understand how much more you included. Thanks for letting us know a little bit more about your work. Take care.
(By the way, great stories!)
Love you all - Rob & Cindy
I love all of things that Morgan says. She just sounds like a little Dean!
Post a Comment