Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bruno

Wow, I've been slacking. Sorry. I have felt the momentum of graduate school moving against me and the blog has been suffering. It's funny, the busier I get in school, the busier Melissa gets with callings, but we'll live.

I wanted to catch you up on the last month, but there is too much to cover in detail so I'll just give you a lot of pictures and a few good lines. Enjoy.

Morgan and Melissa at the Local skating rink.

Adam and Morgan at the rink.

Morgan wearing Mommy's "sassy" boots.

Pretty in pink!

Melissa put on a Daddy-Daughter dance and Morgan loved every minute of being a princess. Too bad the only photo of her wearing her sash includes Morgan's fake smile.

Pretty in pink #2!

The semi that exploded on the highway behind our house. This was cool to watch until Melissa found out that the woman who caused the accident died on scene.

Greg's clock in Rexburg, Idaho. Kind of an inside joke, but you can ask him if you want an explanation.

The Rexburg temple. I was lucky enough to be there after its dedication. I posted a few more on my picasa page.


Here are a few short stories we have saved up in the last month.

In Morgan's primary class there are two other kids, a quiet little girl named Melina and an energetic little boy named Will, and Morgan thinks she is the their mother. Will loves to talk about how he can fly and their teacher loves to watch Morgan correct him: "Will...only bird's fly!" or "Will...we're supposed to be talking about Jesus!"
After we heard this we asked Morgan how she knew Will couldn't fly and she was dumbfounded. Now her imagination has expanded and she sometimes says "I can fly..."

A light has turned on in Morgan's mind and she is starting to pay closer attention to things. The other night over dinner Morgan said "Isn't it funny that when you say 'I DON'T mind' you actually mean YES!"

One day Melissa was giving Mikayla a bath and started to cry. Morgan tried to comfort her by saying "Mikayla, it's OK, you're not coming out of Mommy's tummy, you're just having a bath."

Quick quote: "Mommy, sometimes when I put my finger in my ear I get mold-stuff on my finger!"

For Valentines Day Melissa made chicken rolls (with mushrooms, the correct way to make it!) with pink gravy. She also put out a table cloth, candles, decorations, and even champagne glasses for our red juice. The funny part was that during dinner Morgan randomly raised her glass and said "Let's do cheers!" I don't know where she learned this but throughout the dinner she had us raise our glasses, say cheers, and clink our glasses together.

Lately Morgan has been having trouble shutting her mind off while falling asleep. She will practice some of the addition I've been teaching her, or take her fake glasses and a book to bed and "read" it, or even shout out random questions. Recently Melissa's Mom sent some vinyl labels of the girls names to put on their bedroom doors. The font was some sort of script, but Morgan thought it was cursive and has been obsessed with it ever since. One night Morgan shouted out "Mommy, how do you write my name in cross-eyed?" I took a few reminders that it was called cursive and not cross-eyed!

While I was away in Rexburg this week Melissa had trouble putting Morgan to bed; she kept coming in her room and waking her up. At one point Melissa woke up and saw Morgan sitting next to her in bed, and all Morgan said to her was "Mommy, look how cool, the clock says 2, 2, 2!"

Morgan has been obsessed with Mikayla. Sometimes she is just too overwhelming! The other night, I was working in another room while Melissa was getting Mikayla ready for bed and Morgan kept saying "I really like her jammies!" ... "I really like her jammies!" ... "I really like her jammies!", times 50! I finally couldn't handle it any more and said "Morgan! We get it!" and she quietly concluded in a little whisper to Melissa "But I really do like her jammies!"

The other night Melissa wanted to quiz Morgan (by copying the cheeze-it commercial) and asked her how they got the cheese inside a the goldfish crackers. Morgan thought about it for a minute and said "Let's ask Dad, he knows everything."

The other day Melissa was feeding Mikayla and she was holding on to the sides of the bottle between her hands. Morgan then asked why Mikayla couldn't hold it on her own and Melissa explained that she didn't have enough muscle. Morgan then said "I have muscles, but not like Dad or Mickey Mouse." Melissa asked what she meant and Morgan explained, while patting her bicep, "The little ball thing in their arms."

Morgan loves to draw pictures and tape them on the walls throughout the house. She often uses them like a chalk board as she pretends to teach a primary class. A few weeks ago her friend Emily gave her a hand-made poster with drawings of the planets glued on to make solar system; it even included Pluto. One day Morgan was using it to teach one of her lessons and then brought a small planet to Melissa and said "Here's Bruno, it's no longer a planet."

Well, I hoped you liked our little catch-up. I've decided I need to blog at least weekly so these posts don't become too long and take 10 minutes to load!
And by the way, the answer to everyone's questions on the last post is that the 5100 was for 5100 visitors, congratulations to Mike Holt.

8 comments:

Robert Trishman said...

Rob and I love the stories and photos! Thanks for sharing your family. Morgan has such a personality. I often wonder what kind of personality will be revealed with Mikayla. Love to you all - Rob and Cindy

Rachel Seren said...

I am always amazed by the cute stories of morgan! I love all the pictures, it's amazing how fast babies grow it's been so long I forgot!

Heather said...

Do you write down the stories of Morgan or do you just remember? I am amazed at your memory. We miss you guys!

Sara B said...

so good to hear from you guys again! We love to know what you are up to and to see the kids growing!

Rachel said...

Love, love, love all the pictures!!! Those girls are so cute together and I adore the one of them in their robes, how sweet. Don't worry Adam, maybe someday that ball in your arm will be bigger than Mickey Mouse's! Oh man, she is hilarious!!!

Megan, John and kids said...

Morgan is so great! I can't believe she's already an insomniac, good luck to you two. Eowyn is also big into the numbers on clocks now, but it's just so telling that she's waking Mel up at 2 AM.

Elle said...

Wow- your baby is growing so fast!! They are adorable. The pic in the robes is so cute.
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

That was HILARIOUS! Morgan is such a kick in the pants. By the way, thanks Melissa for the book idea. I am reading it right now and it is helping. I think it will help more though when Carter turns four!