Here's another quick update in attempt to blog more frequently.
Melissa asked me why I don't blog a lot of stories about Mikayla, so here you go:
Mikayla likes to eat, sleep, and loves her diaper dry. Hmmm...anything else? Well, this morning she woke up with an interesting little cry. She's starting to communicate a little with her cries; Melissa has always been able to tell the difference between her hungry and her pain cries, but this one is a quite different. I think it's my "hold me" cry. So, as proof that we're sick and twisted parents, I thought I would share a video of her cry with you. Melissa is sick for recording it, and I must be twisted for posting it.
Mikayla likes to eat, sleep, and loves her diaper dry. Hmmm...anything else? Well, this morning she woke up with an interesting little cry. She's starting to communicate a little with her cries; Melissa has always been able to tell the difference between her hungry and her pain cries, but this one is a quite different. I think it's my "hold me" cry. So, as proof that we're sick and twisted parents, I thought I would share a video of her cry with you. Melissa is sick for recording it, and I must be twisted for posting it.
Morgan has been up to her usual self. At least this week she has lived up to her nickname "tumbles." A few days ago a few of Morgans friends were over and Morgan wanted to take her little card table upstairs for her and her friends to use to color. It's the same size as a regular card table but with shorter legs, so practically the same weight. Melissa was holding Mikayla so Morgan, helpful as she always wants to be, carried the card table up the stairs herself. However, after ascending a few steps somehow Morgan lost her balance, fell backward onto the stairs, then continued down the stairs sliding head first on her back. The funny part is that the entire time she never let go of the table, she continued to clutch onto it like some sort of life preserver.
Speaking of life preservers, Morgan just finished her second round of swimming lessons; the first ended in failure after two weeks, but this time she graduated. She probably just needed another year. Anyway, last week they did an exercise where the kids would put on a life vest, get into a small raft, then the life guards would flip the raft over and the students were to get out from underneath the raft and to the surface. When it was Morgan's turn everything was as usual, they put her in, flipped her over, waited a second and then flipped the raft back over. To everyone's surprise, when they flipped the raft back over Morgan was still in the raft, holding on tightly with a huge smile on her face. Everyone got a laugh out of her. As a parent I didn't think it was so funny until after I talked with her about how dangerous it was to not let go of the raft. I'm such a mean dad, but we had a good laugh afterwards.
With the stress of two kids, Melissa has asked for some "alone time" when I get home from work. I'm sure every stay-at-home mom would understand. Last night we were on our way home from the grocery store and we passed a couple hotels. Morgan saw them and asked "Can we go to a hotel tonight so we can have some alone time as a family?" I don't think she really understands what alone time is.
6 comments:
Grandmum LOVES Mikayla's crying video, so thanks for sharing. We all love to hear the fabulous stories and thank you for sharing your lives with us.
Take care. Love to you all - missing you much -
Rob, Cindy, and Mom
Yeah, that sounds like a "give-me-some-attention-cry"---she's SOOOO cute! And she does have Morgan's eyes. I hope you get some alone time Melissa! Come fly out to Utah and all your ol' Aggie gals will spoil you!!!
Morgan is hilarious! Anytime I need a good laugh I know I can just read your blog. I always laugh out loud and then I have to explain to my kids what Morgan did that was so funny. Mikayla is beautiful - love the crying video. We miss you guys!
It's been so long since I've heard a baby cry! That was so cute! Morgan always has the most hilarious experiences!
Adam, you captured your daughter quite well. Mikayla's little video is great. And just think, soon enough she'll have even more cries to add to the repertoire.
These stories are hilarious!
Post a Comment