So, I know Adam would not post this so I am trying to blog for the first time in my life and here is what I have to say. After Adam being in college for about 8 1/2 years now from Idaho, Utah, to Pennsylvania he received his dream job tonight!!! We are moving to Idaho for Adam to teach at BYU-Idaho in Engineering. We are so excited and and I couldn't be more proud of him!!! Congrats Adam!!!
Okay, I have to clarify something. I have not received an official offer yet because I still have to be approved by the board of trustees (the First Presidency and many more general authorities). However, I was told that I am the prime candidate and that the board rarely denies the school's recommendation. So it's not official, but we're certainly excited and hopeful. It's funny though, one week before the application was due I thought I was unqualified to even apply, but Melissa, my parents, my advisor and others encouraged me to apply. So, if it weren't for them, this wouldn't have happened! Thank you!
Oh, and one more thing...I still have to graduate! They are going to hold the position for me, so you will still hear about us in PA for a while yet!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Is this really a dream??
Posted at
8:55 PM
17
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
This is such great news!! We are all so excited for you little family. Now you may return to the beginning where the two of you meet. This is my only suggestion, get a bigger place so that when someones alarm goes for you don't have to hear "It's only going to get alouder."
Love you all
Heather :)
Fantastic! What great news! I bet he's really glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Congrats Dean family!
Congrats and please know how much you are deserving of this blessing. The Lord loves you all! Take care and come on back to the West anytime:)
Mom, Cindy and Rob.
Congratulations! We are so excited to have you closer to home. You have all worked hard for this blessing -- BYU-I knows a good thing when they see it (we knew it a long time ago)!
Love you all!
Mom & Dad
Congrats!! That is awesome, I'm sure it will be worth all the time spent to get to this place.....Good luck, hope everything works out!!!
WAHOOOO!!!! That is AWESOME! I am so happy and proud of my brother and his wonderful, beautiful family! YEAH!! We are so excited to have you close! Love the Holmes'
Wow...you will be within driving distance!! We will have to come up and see that cute baby of yours. Congrats!
Wow! Congratulations! That is so awesome for your family! Adam, you must be on the fast track or something! We didn't realize you were looking for jobs. We're so happy for you guys! If you're driving back west and need a place to stay, PLEASE stop here for a night! We'd love to see you guys!
CONGRATS Dean family!!!! We're so excited for y'all! Brad should be done next year (after 10 years of schooling). It's great to hear about people graduating and getting jobs because it gives me hope. LOL
Congrats! I remeber Josh telling me how that is where you always wanted to end up. It's amazing when dreams become a reality! How great for you guys!
Congrats! That's so awesome!!!! We are excited for you guys, and excited for ourselves that we still get to see you when we come home! :)
Woo Hoo! Adam you Rock! I'm glad all the hard work paid off!
CONGRATS!!!!
The Matt Smith Family
This is amazing news, great job! I'm glad though to hear that you'll still be here in PA for a while, but congratulations, we're so happy for you.
Way to go! that is so exciting! Congrats and we will keep you in our prayers that all will go well.
Yea! Closer to us! I'm so excited for you two. You guys deserve it and Rexberg is so much fun!
Congrats guys! What a relief to know what you're doing so far in advance and what a blessing to get your dream job! We're so happy for you!
Dean!! Congrats!! What an awesome first job... I'm sure you will do great and now we finally have someone to visit in Rexburg. We've been dying to visit the school and hope we can come see you once you settle in.
Post a Comment