Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter '08

Yesterday was the local Easter egg hunt and of course it snowed three inches the night before--it's becoming a tradition in State College.


Mikayla on the way to the Easter egg hunt, or the state penitentiary for babies, either way she's not getting out.



Morgan loves hunting for eggs, and the snow didn't bother her one bit. The one behind her is her Friend Russ. Their preschool teacher calls them the married couple because they stick together and tease each other so much.



Morgan loves to serve everyone food while we're talking on the webcam. She even had Melissa nab some of those tissues you use to grab bagels and stuff from the bakery. Actually she called it the "tissues they use in the meat section," so I guess they're used there as well.



Today, we of course had to dye, or "died" as Morgan says it, eggs. As you can tell Mikayla was enthralled.


Our masterpiece! Melissa experimented using cilantro leaves to make the green and white egg, I mixed baking soda with the vinegar for some bubbly fun to make the purple spotted egg, and Morgan experimented by mixing all the colors together to make the gray egg.



I had to pretend to only take a picture of Mikayla in order to get Melissa in the photo, that's why she is the only one in focus. Next time I'll work on getting a smile, but it probably won't happen until after graduation.

Since my source is now asleep, I'll have to wait on the stories; Melissa is the only one left with the mental capacity to keep them straight. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

the andersons said...

Oh, the good memories of the Easter egg hunt! We were talking about it, too, and remembering the snowy good times.

What a great picture of you, Melissa... love to see 'em!

Rachel Seren said...

I always wondered how you did it in the snow! That's awesome!

Rachel said...

Wow, we always get the really expensive Walmart $0.74 dye (die) kit but you guys are SO inventive!

Robert Trishman said...

Love the photos and Thanks to Adam for being sneaky to get Melissa on the blog! Rob dyed eggs for us too. :) Love you guys!
Cindy & Rob