Another weekly update! Here are a few pictures to start things off.
Tea Time with Mikayla
Summer is near, and Morgan's freckles are coming out. I love her freckles, I call them angel kisses, probably because that's what my sisters always called mine. But my favorite part is that she only has them on this side of her face; I guess you can say she's half Melissa and half me.
This is a picture of Morgan's puppies, they had their birthdays this week. You can see Morgan made a bone for them and a Happy Birthday card. On Tuesday she had Melissa watch the brown puppy (named Chocolate because its battery pack looks like a chocolate bar) while she made its presents. She also made Melissa cover its eyes while Morgan hid the presents. On Wednesday morning Morgan rushed downstairs to celebrate the birthday and sat with Chocolate and opened its presents. Morgan then repeated the same party with the same presents the next day for the white puppy, Chocolate's brother named Noisy Puppy because it barks when you pull the string.
Speaking of birthdays, Morgan has just been on this birthday kick in her prayers lately. She has always been creative in her prayers at night time, meal time, and before school. She always makes sure to bless nearly everyone that exists, however, last week it was "Please bless everyone who had a birthday today, or yesterday, or last week."
On Friday, Melissa took the girls with Bekah Goldie and her kids to downtown Boalsburg, which is actually a short street with some old houses and shops. On their way back Morgan was tired and was pushing her bike back home when she looked down and pointed at her arm and said "What is this? Is this a sunburn?" Melissa said that it was and then Morgan just started screaming while hitting and scratching at her arm saying "I don't want a sun tan! I want it to be white!" I have no idea where that came from, but maybe she's trying to bring back the whole Snow White look.
A couple weeks ago Morgan was making a bunch of pictures with glue and glitter. By the way, is there anything in this world more worthless than glitter? Hmmm...I think I'll shred up this piece of plastic into nano-sized pieces that will stick to everything outside a static free environment. We have so much embedded in our carpet that Melissa found a pill bug (rolley-polley) walking in our house with glitter on it's back! Anyways, I hate glitter. So...Morgan was making pictures and she made one with glue and gold glitter and said "If I wanted to give this to the leprechauns how would I get it to them, because they like gold?" So Melissa told her that she could mail it to them, when in fact she was just going to mail it to some lucky family member to share the worthless glitter burden. So Morgan said "OK, can you do that?" Melissa agreed and Morgan went on her way. However, a few hours later, while Melissa was doing the dishes and was in her "cleaning" state of mind, Morgan asked "Are leprechauns real?" and Melissa answered without any forethought "No." So Morgan wondered "Well then who were you going to mail the picture to?" and Melissa confessed that she was just going to send it to someone, so Morgan said "Mom, you tricked me!" Busted!
Last week, the day Melissa was going to take Morgan to see Carrie Underwood, Melissa was in Altoona for the day for stake Women's Day. Morgan wanted to listen to some music, but I knew she was going to get enough of her music that night so I just turned on my music. Morgan called it "boy" music and insisted on singing her music aloud to drown out my music. From then on we've been battling over which is better, girl music or boy music. On Friday I was driving home with the girls and Morgan asked me to turn on the radio. I happily turned on my boy music and Morgan let out a big sign and said "Daddy, will you EVER understand girl music?"
5 comments:
You guys are the cutest family ever! I'm too afraid to get into glitter, Lilly spilled a whole bottle of finger paint today and that's enough for me. :) Mikayla looks so cute in that highchair!
What a fun tea party! We have to play picnic at my house, but it's still fun!
I love that Morgan has tea parties with Mikayla, Eowyn has no interest in sharing anything with Lucy. Morgan has got to be the quirkiest kid in the world! I love her stories and the things she comes up with! Now, that's an imagination.
Hey Adam, It sounds like you are out numbered over there. I feel pretty out number too. You have the cutest family and I miss all of you sooo much. I am super impressed that you blog. I couldn't imagine Nate doing something like that. I have to pull teeth to get him to write in the boys baby books. Thanks for keeping us updated I love to read about what your up too. Tell Moose I love her.
I love freckles too. So cute.
Post a Comment