Sunday, April 6, 2008

One Year!

Today marks this blog's first birthday. Yay! I stared it with the hopes of keeping a journal of Morgan's behavior with the hopes of sharing it with family and friends, and one day having it printed off for her to keep. Now that Mikayla is here, hopefully we'll have twice the stories to tell and hopefully this will continue to be something that they will one day cherish.

Anyway...here is a recent photo of Mikayla. She is growing so fast, and is now wearing 6 month old clothing, even though she's only 4 months old. Maybe that is normal, but in comparison to Morgan and how small she was, it's kind of shocking.

I've started to fall behind again on the blogging, but I'll try to catch up a bit today. Last time I blogged I didn't leave any stories about Morgan because Melissa was asleep. Well, she's asleep again, but I have to get these stories posted before I forget them so forgive me if they're a bit under par.

If you have read the above post about celiac, you'll know that bread is sometimes on a shortage around this house. That might be why Morgan loves bread so much. She will often randomly comment on how good the bread is that we are eating, and one week in church, after taking the sacrament, Morgan turned to me and said "Wasn't that bread so good!"

A few weeks ago all of us but Mikayla were sick at some point, but luckily not at the same time. Morgan is like a tissue nazi, she insists on using only tissues to wipe her nose and not toilet paper; she says toilet paper "sores" her nose! If she doesn't have the proper tissues then she does this odd sniffing thing where she puts two fingers on her gums, between her teeth and upper lip, and while pushing her upper lip as high as she can, she snorts her goobies back into her nose. We figure the cost of tissues is nothing compared to having our daughter doing some sort of snorting ritual in public. Sometimes I swear I want to teach her how to hock a loogie just to bring the level of embarrassment down a notch. Anyway, we were all sick and used up all the tissues in the house, and Melissa knew we would need some more. So, Melissa bought some tissues while juggling both kids at the store and didn't really notice exactly what she had purchased. Pretty soon after they arrived home and the new tissue box was opened, Morgan of course was sent to get a tissue (probably to stop the ritual) and came back complaining "Mommy, does it smell really minty in here?" Turns out, Melissa accidentally bought a box of Vicks scented tissues. It took Morgan several days of "How come the house smells minty?" to finally figure out where it was coming from.

Speaking of toilet paper. A couple weeks ago we were over visiting our friends Mark and Natalie Christensen. We always enjoy visiting with them and a few days later Melissa and I were commenting about how much fun we had. Morgan overheard us and quickly commented "Don't they have such nice toilet paper?!" She really has a good taste in hygiene paper products.

I have a lot of videos I want to upload, however blogger doesn't give me a lot of space. So, I'll have to post just one for now and put the others on our picasa web album soon, including Morgan's cheer competition video! Anyway, this video is of Morgan and her new hobby: "yarning!" By the way, thanks Grandmom (Melissa's mom) for the ball of yarn. Can we send it back for re-spooling? Just kidding.


5 comments:

Heather said...

I love all of the stories that you share. Your girls are so cute!

Rachel Seren said...

She is so crafty! Just like her mom! I didn't know she had glasses! She looks adorable.

the andersons said...

We love to read the stories, guys... Mikayla is already four months? Wow.. she is going to be crawling all over the place by the time we get back! Did Morgan get glasses? We weren't sure if that just went with the "yarning" or if it was a new development.

Darin said...

I obviously need lessons from Morgan becuase my "yarning" never turns out like that!! Oh, and I love the glasses!

Robert Trishman said...

The glasses are absolutely priceless! Your girls are wonderful, remarkable, and beautiful! Absolutely miraculous! Love to you all.