Friday, October 31, 2008

PSU is so much better...

And you all get worked up over a BYU-Utah game! Look at what happens at Penn State when we beat Ohio State:



I'll have you know that I wasn't one of the thousands of drunk participants getting pepper sprayed by the police in riot gear. I was too busy making a slide show.

4 comments:

Robert Trishman said...

okay - Rob and I have to make separate comments because we have thoughts on a number of issues. So, this one is mine - Cindy's.
Working for a government I understand what goes into the placement of a light pole. I CANNOT believe students would just tear one down. Furthermore, the cops just allow it. Is this is a common occurrence outside of Utah? It is bizarre! Unfortunately, there is a cost associated with the loss and replacement of a light pole, and unfortunately it will NOT be the students paying (since they are not generally property tax payers). How sad. Sorry if I sound angry, I'm just pretty shocked.
Overall, welcome back to the blogging world Adam. Congrats on all you have accomplished!

Robert Trishman said...

Rob's:

I, on the other hand, am not sorry if I sound angry, because I am.

Dear Penn State fans, future fellow alumni:

Wow, when I think of how federal loans helped pay for my Penn State education, and no doubt some of you are receiving the same type of assistance, it's great to know that hard-working American taxpayers are helping put you in a position to cause this type of mayhem. As Johnny Cougar sang, "Ain't that America."

I'm sure many of you are decent human beings and bright students with unlimited potential. Hey, one of you might be my boss someday. But in your collective identity acting as Penn State football fans (don't want to lump in any innocent sports with you), you are the most narrow-minded, intelligence-lacking dunderheads on this Earth.

Now, I know my Phillie fan brethren perpetrated similar atrocities in the aftermath of the team's championship. That's the key word:CHAMPIONSHIP.
Your team just won a GAME. But you celebrate and riot, why? Because you beat the best team in the Big Ten, and to you that's all there is, you can't accept any team from any other conference being good. So when Texas beats you down in the National CHAMPIONSHIP Game, or if you beat them ... oh well, you'll just do this all over again either way, won't you? That's right.

It's really not that boring in State College that you have to resort to such chicanery. Heck, I should know, I had my first date with my wife there!

Please, act your age and/or your SAT score, and stop wasting mommy's, daddy's and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's money. That is all.

(Adam, no worries if you choose not to post this comment, just hope you enjoy the commentary.)

Robert Trishman said...

Rob's:

I, on the other hand, am not sorry if I sound angry, because I am.

Dear Penn State fans, future fellow alumni:

Wow, when I think of how federal loans helped pay for my Penn State education, and no doubt some of you are receiving the same type of assistance, it's great to know that hard-working American taxpayers are helping put you in a position to cause this type of mayhem. As Johnny Cougar sang, "Ain't that America."

I'm sure many of you are decent human beings and bright students with unlimited potential. Hey, one of you might be my boss someday. But in your collective identity acting as Penn State football fans (don't want to lump in any innocent sports with you), you are the most narrow-minded, intelligence-lacking dunderheads on this Earth.

Now, I know my Phillie fan brethren perpetrated similar atrocities in the aftermath of the team's championship. That's the key word:CHAMPIONSHIP.
Your team just won a GAME. But you celebrate and riot, why? Because you beat the best team in the Big Ten, and to you that's all there is, you can't accept any team from any other conference being good. So when Texas beats you down in the National CHAMPIONSHIP Game, or if you beat them ... oh well, you'll just do this all over again either way, won't you? That's right.

It's really not that boring in State College that you have to resort to such chicanery. Heck, I should know, I had my first date with my wife there!

Please, act your age and/or your SAT score, and stop wasting mommy's, daddy's and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's money. That is all.

(Adam, no worries if you choose not to post this comment, just hope you enjoy the commentary.)

Dean Family said...

Good comments, and I agree that this was unacceptable behavior. I wish the students could just get together and celebrate without violence or property damage, but this is just a result of too many people having way too much to drink.

I will have you know, from what I've heard so far, 15 students were identified from the videos are are being prosecuted. I also heard they were being expelled from school.

You can read more about the 15 students here:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2008/10/31/police_15_riot_participants_id.aspx

Maybe worse, Joe Pa was not pleased:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2008/10/29/paterno_officials_address_dist.aspx

And what the police said:
"I think the majority of the fans out there to celebrate didn't do anything bad. You just had a couple rotten eggs in the bunch, and that's what turned it sour."