Friday, December 5, 2008

Life goes fast....

Below are just some random stories and pictures for you to enjoy!!

Morgan told Mikayla the other day "Can I start taking baths with you again when you stop throwing up and pooping in the tub?"

Morgan also says, "Mikayla lets play house and I will be the mom, and you can be the dad since you have dad hair."

During Sacrament meeting the Bishopric was reminding everyone to change their clocks back and Morgan turns to me and says, "Mom, do you want to do that, it would be nice huh?"

The other day I had a friend tell me that Morgan was talking to her in the next stall (in the church bathroom). I asked Morgan how she knew it was my friend, "I recognized her shoes!"

Morgan was telling me the other day, "Mom, did you know if you chew paper it just keeps chewing and chewing?" "How do you know this?" I asked her, "Well, I had a small piece of paper and didn't have anywhere to put it, so I just put it in my mouth and started chewing and it didn't stop!"

Morgan and Adam were driving home from their flowing Gluten adventure (Pizza Hut) and Morgan says, "Dad, I don't think I should have the lemonade there anymore, they add a lot of liquid!"

Morgan, Mikayla, and I were at the mall the other day and Santa came walking down the hall ringing his bells, so I took the girls over to see him and sit on his lap. He was a great Santa, just listen to this...

"What would you like for Christmas?" Morgan tells him, he looks at me and says, "Hey mom, did you hear that? Do you know what that is?" I tell him yes and then he says, "Ok, cause I don't I thought she was saying web cam!" What is this little guys name?" Morgan looks at me kind of odd since Mikayla is wearing pink pants and being pushed in a pink stroller. She tells him Mikayla and he says, "What is he asking for Christmas, a truck?" Morgan stills looks at me so confused. I tell her to say good bye after the poor girl being so confused he says, "See ya little guy". It was a great experience especially since Morgan was brave enough to finally sit with him and walking away she says, "Looks like we got a new Santa!"

Santa was nice enough to give Morgan and "your little brother" a book. And on the way home Mikayla really enjoyed it!



I'm telling you, this little one is into EVERYTHING! Excuse all the messes in the house, it is a dissaster lately. Mikayla likes to climb into her standing toy and play with toys in there and just sit.

Morgan recently got her hair cut! Thanks so much Chels for the cute P.J's I love them!


All day long Mikayla pulls the books out, I put them back and then repeat about five times a day no joke. But, she will look at books for hours. She will look at them upside down, front to back, and back to front! In other words, she LOVES books!



Here she is climbing into the lego bins just for fun and playing!


She loves to eat, and the other day she loved the pasta and sauce I made, so she thought she should share with the wall.


Mikayla bringing me books to read!

Finding her in the cupboards, pulling everything out!

Mikayla in the pots and pans cuboard now!

Mikayla literally knocked down the gate to the stairs and climbed up and over to go upstairs!

Our cutie getting ready to go outside in the cold weather!

I know I am such a freak about sign language, but I really do love it. Here is Mikayla signing!



Happy Birthday to our one year old!!!!

We love you all!

13 comments:

acp08 said...

Colby and I were laughing so hard! Got to love Morgan's sayings!

Matt said...

One year! I can't believe it has gone by so fast and I still haven't met her! She is a cutie, as is Morgan. Adam still remembers Morgan and is hopeful that when we move to NC we will be able to see her! Cute ain't it?

Amy said...

Morgan is hilarous and Mikayla is quite the busy little thing. They are way cute! We miss you guys.

Robert Trishman said...

Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you all. Love ya! Happy Birthday Mikayla. :)

Rana said...

Melissa! Thanks for the Laughs! I love to see your darling little girls, what a great Mom you are! That poor Santa, probably forgot his hearing aids!

Douglas Family said...

Love the stories. Brightened my day!
Sarah

Andrea Stocks said...

Sounds like Santa needs glasses. haha Morgan's funny. Looks like you don't have a minute to relax with all the mischief Mikayla gets into. They're so cute!

Anonymous said...

I just know I am in for it with our next kid because neither one so far has been a real climber or anything. I know I'll get a crazy one eventually though. Mikayla is such a little cutie and Morgan is hilarious - as usual. Love you guys!

Rachel Seren said...

THey are so cute! Her little red dress is adorable! I can't believe she is one already.

Rachel said...

Oh yea! Finally a Dean post! I love them, I love them!!! I love it how old men will call my little girls "guy" or "buster" even when they have a basketball size bow on their head. Mikayla is SOOOO big and she is so cute!!! I adore her red dress! I want to squish her!!! When are you guy coming back again??

MelissaR said...

Kids say the funniest things! And you're not a sign language "freak." I do it with my kids, too, and I think it really helps avoid some frustration for you and baby! Seriously, how many ways can a little kid say "uh?"

Megan, John and kids said...

How funny! Mikayla really does remind me so much of Lucy. I especially loved the picture of her climbing up over the gate to go upstairs. Just classic! Also, gotta love those confusing (or confused) Santas. I like Morgan's reasoning.

dani said...

she is so adorable!