More from our crazy ladies:
Morgan is still just a little firecracker, but her funny phrases are now becoming a little more serious. Lately she has been asking a lot of questions like:
"Mom, is it ok that we have crushes on boys, but just no kissing?"
"Mom, at what age do we kiss boys?"
I am glad she is coming to me, and I told her I enjoy talking with her about these things, so lets keep those questions coming to dad and I, even though they seem way too premature.
She is now beginning to have grown-up concerns. One day Morgan told me "Life is hard," but when I asked her why she said "I can't think of anything right now." And the other day she said to Mikayla: "You can't love anybody at 6 years old." We think she'll eventually grasp these concepts.
As far as Mikayla goes, she is becoming just as crazy as Morgan was. Lately we have been having the hardest time to get her to go to sleep, then stay asleep. For example, she usually tip toes out of her room and into Morgan's room, or into the kitchen a few times each night. Then, she wakes up at 4:30 or 5:00 AM almost every morning, and if we are just too out of it to get up she'll usually play with toys, read books, or wake up Morgan. Below is a picture of all the gum Mikayla was eating one day when we found her in Morgan's room:
One night around midnight we were checking on the girls before bed and saw that Mikayla was missing. Of course any parent would begin to panic so we frantically started searching throughout the house. We soon found her reading books in Morgan's room, and when we caught her she simply told us, "Shhhh, Morgan is sleeping."
On Christmas Eve we put the girls to bed around 8, hoping they would get to sleep soon so we could help Santa set out the presents. We thought if we watched a movie then it would give them enough time to be settled in bed before we started making noise putting together and wrapping presents. Well, after the movie, Mikayla got up, who then woke Morgan, and the struggle began and lasted until nearly 2 am. The more we threatened that Santa would not come the more excited they became for opening presents. We put Mikayla in bed several times while she was screaming "Open presents! Open presents!" Morgan just kept saying "I'm having a really hard night" I don't think she has ever been that excited before, she didn't even know how to describe it.
One morning we found that Mikayla had woken up early and gotten into the chocolate Christmas advent calendar. Melissa asked her what she was doing and she just said "Chocolate all gone!" Here is a photo of all the wrappers and nibbled pieces of chocolate:
A while ago Mikayla and I went into Morgan's classroom to help with the class Christmas party. Mikayla was having fun with the students while they were building ginger bread houses, but after a few minutes I looked over at Mikayla and saw her with her mouth wide open while signing and saying "hot!" After running over to her she spit out a red hot said "I don't like it."
Mikayla is suddenly big into modesty, or at least talking about it. Besides our efforts to teach her about being modest, she is now into taking off her clothes.
Here are a few other examples:
While pointing at a picture of Santa at the store she said: "Santa, gloves, hat, modest"
While playing with a Barbie doll: "Barbie, shoes, glasses, modest" which is all the clothes her barbie ever wears. Somehow shoes, glasses, gloves, and hats make up for missing shirts and pants.
One morning I was trying to shower quickly before Mikayla got bored and I told her, "Don't come in the shower, mommy is not modest." Next thing I see is Mikayla opening the shower curtain and handing me my pants saying "Mommy pants?"
While the missionaries were here the other night she was carrying around an Amish doll that she had stripped and told me, "He's hot." I think it was the most immodest an Amish doll had ever been.
Mikayla's new favorite phrase is "Please don't!" She uses it a lot and it is hard to do anything that needs to be done when she asks so politely. While putting on her blanket at night she will tell you, "Please don't." If you tickle her she'll say "Please don't!" and run away, but then come right back for more.
Adam's students did some mechatronics projects for a local haunted mill and he invited us to go check them out, during the day, in broad daylight, without anyone else at the mill. It was so cool to see until Morgan started crying and Mikayla just kept saying "Please don't, Please don't!" Later Mikayla calmed herself from the traumatic experience by saying "It's OK, just Halloween."
While in Wal-Mart the other day Mikayla was with me when we walked by a women with dark make-up, several piercings, and black baggy clothes. Mikayla saw her and says to me "It's OK mommy, just Halloween."
Here are a few more photos:
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Please Don't
Posted at
10:57 PM
11
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Your stories are hysterical! We went through a similar bed time phase with Zach and Bailey. We resorted to taking one of the locking door knobs off of our bathroom and installing it on their door so that we could lock them in their room. Once they realized that they couldn't get out they started going back to bed...and then finally just not getting up at all.
Good luck!
Your girls are adorable! They are geting so grown up!
I absolutely love the girls hair in the last photo! Priceless. ;) Love to you all.
Oh my word, this post is hysterical! I'm just sad that I don't get to hear these stories in person everyday. :( Yes, a year has passed, and I'm still not over it. At least we get to play phone tag for months! ;) Love you guys!
Your girls are so cute! I love hearing the stories about them. Mikayla sounds like quite the handful. :)
p.s. When Kaylee was little we finally had to put one of those child safety things on her doorknob so she couldn't open it. It worked, at least she was confined to her bedroom.
Why can't we live next to you guys forever!?!?!? I love your kids!!! They need to be best friends with mine. They NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to!!!!!!!!!
You're girls are so cute!!! I miss you guys. Good ole' Aggie Village days....those were fun. Let's all move on the same street :)
It's always fun to come back to your blog and read all about your crazy girls. They really are great! I just love the stories. Glad you're doing so well.
I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG FROM ABBY
I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG FROM ABBY
Post a Comment