Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Shopping with Morgie

Every Tuesday Melissa goes to Huntington for Young Women's activities, so Morgan and I usually have a weekly date night. Last night we stopped by Target and got 'distracted' in the girls clothing department. We starting looking for clothes together and quickly found a pair of pants that Morgan really liked. I told her we could take it to the dressing room along with some other clothes to try on. Now I have no idea where she learns these things--she really came with her own personality--but she tucked the pants under her left arm and started strutting around looking for more clothes using her two free hands to sort through items on the racks.
We eventually made it to the dressing room where she continued her shopaholic attitude. I helped her put on a shirt and she then turned towards the mirror, put her hands on her hips, shifted her weight to her right leg, smiled and said "This is really cute!" I had visions of a future 16 year-old Morgan begging me for money to buy that "cute shirt at the mall!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam,
That was a wonderful story and a fabulous memory. Thanks for including us. Mom laughed through the whole thing. :)

Holmes Haecceity said...

I know where Morgan gets that 'shopping attitude'!!! I love it!