Sunday, September 30, 2007

Animal Crackers




I thought I would add some recent pictures. The first is of us at our weekly softball game. Melissa hasn't played recently; she is aggressive enough to dive for anything, regardless of being six months pregnant, so we think it best for her not to play.
The next is Morgan and Melissa distracting me while working. They often tag team me to pull me away from the computer.
The last is Morgan at the Bug Fair on Saturday. We opted not to eat any bugs for the ever so coveted "I ate a bug" pin, and we pooped out on the cockroach racing, but had some fun with crafts, bingo, and painting. Melissa pointed out yesterday that State College has at least ten times the amount of kids activities and festivals than anywhere else we've lived. Interesting.

Yesterday Melissa and Morgan and I went to home teach a middle aged family who own a very large plot of land with some horses. They were very nice and entertained us for about two hours. They let Morgan play with their kittens, pet their dogs, ride a horse, eat their raspberries, and pick some tomatoes. Since they live about thirty minutes out of town and we left right after church we had to bring a snack for Morgan, so we brought a ziplock bag of animal crackers. After about an hour of being distracted outside the family noticed that the dogs were being awfully good inside the house. Upon returning we found that the dogs had eaten the entire bag of animal cookies and chewed up Morgan's headband. She was pretty sad, but Melissa and I couldn't stop laughing (once we left). Morgan is still pretty scared of dogs and I don't think that helped.

0 comments: