OK, there are a lot of stories to catch up on:
The other day Morgan was walking down the stairs with her arm between the banister and the wall. I guess she didn't think it through too well because when she got to the end she started screaming and crying saying "I wrinkled my arm!"
Morgan loves to make up words. One morning Morgan came downstairs complaining about a sore throat and said to us "My throat is frogged."
We are all excited for summertime and Melissa picked up a bag of tropical flavored popsicles. Morgan was eating a pink strawberry-banana flavored popsicle and said "Mmmm, this tastes just like my pink medicine that I had a little while ago." Mmmm nothing like amoxicillin flavored popsicles.
The other night I came home late from work just in time for the girls to go to bed. Morgan was hyperventilating telling me about everything that went on that day. She paused for just a second to say "I really have a lot to say!" and then stopped for just a moment and said "What was I going to say?"
Several days ago we were in the car talking with Morgan about possibly doing a summer basketball camp at the YMCA. After a few minutes of discussion Morgan asked "Will there be crafts there?"
You should know by now that Morgan is obsessed with Carrie Underwood. The other day she said "Why didn't you name me Carrie Underwood?" and Melissa said "Well our last name is not Underwood" and Morgan replied "Well, how about Carrie Underwood Brady?"
A few days ago the girls were at the park down the street. Morgan loves to bike to the park so she usually has her helmet on the entire time they are there. Well, Morgan was having Melissa time how fast she could go down one slide, run to the swing set and swing, then run and and slide down the other slide at the park. She went down the first slide and swung on the swing, but when she got off the swing she ran as fast as she could, directly into the pole of the swing set, and fell flat on her back. After crying for a little bit she said to Melissa "It's a good thing I had my helmet on."
A couple weeks ago while we were all getting ready for church Morgan was in her toy room getting her "to-do" bag of crayons and stuff ready for church. She came to me in the kitchen and handed me eight pennies and said "Here you go Dad" and started to explain "This money is for you guys to share. You can spend it on gas, or save it, or spend it on something you need." Melissa said thank you and Morgan replied "I don't want you to be stressed about money because gas keeps going up." Melissa responded very well and told her how we can save the money and use it to move and ever since Morgan keeps giving us her pennies.
And finally, a plug for Mother's Day. I just wanted to say how much we love the mothers in our lives. I know we don't need the holiday to remind us of that, but it does make for a good excuse to put cheesy comments on the blog. So Mom, I love you, and it's not just for the best homemade rolls ever--it's for the best homemade lasagna ever! I love and appreciate you. Cora Lee, you are an excellent mother-in-law and we love you very much. And Melissa, you are a wonderful mother. Morgan's sweet personality is just a reflection of how hard you work and how much love you have for this family.
5 comments:
Morgan is such a kick in the pants. She just kills me with her quick wit and spunk. Thanks for sharing all the cute things she says and does.
Melissa, you are a great mom and your husband's words are SO true! I can't believe how big Mikayla is getting!!!
You guys are such an awesome family! I love reading this blog. I have to agree with Adam. Melissa you are the best mom ever. Keep up all the hard work. It's paying off.
We miss you guys!
I just love all the stories! It really will take saving all your pennies to pay for gas! :) Is morgan jumping on a trampoline in that picture or just off the ground? Either way I am jealous as I have never been able to jump much more than a foot off the ground. :)
I wanted to post a quick comment and let you know that Chris, Andrew & me (April) have spent the last 20 minutes reading and laughing! Morgan is a kick! We love you and miss you all. I get dibs on the baby when you get here...
Post a Comment