Thursday, May 8, 2008

Proud to be a "Nerd's" wife

For those of you who don't know my Adam teaches science classes (K-12) throughout the state of PA, through NSF (National Science Foundation), and I couldn't be more proud of him.

He works very hard for us spoiled girls to stay home and play all the time. I always knew he was good at teaching and LOVES it, but yesterday just proved to me that he is really meant to teach. Anyways, my point is yesterday he came home from Bedford (a small town about 2 hours away from us) with student evaluations forms filled out. I read through all of them (sorry) and out of the four classes there were only 3 students that didn't have Adam as their favorite. I hope this doesn't sound cocky, but I am just so proud of him and love him so much!!

Some of the examples were hilarious, let me see if I can remember them...

"Adam is my favorite because he is funny"
"Adam is my favorite because he is cute" :)
"Adam is my favorite because he explains things"
"Adam helped out our group a lot"
"Adam made things fun"
"I understood what Adam was talking about"
"He didn't yell at us"
"He was there every time"
"He is calm, not too bossy"
"He had an answer to all my questions"
"He was cool and plus the only guy"
"He's a good man"
"Because he was cool and that's my bro's name"
"Jokes around and makes stuff fun"
"He was the one who made us laugh"
"He is weird in a funny way"
"He is funny and helps us when we are hopelessly confused"
"He got the point, but made it fun"
"He is a good teacher with a good sense of humor"
"He's just a cool, funny guy who knows what he's talking about"
"Adam, no reason"
"Fun to pick on"


My favorite was...
"He was very helpful and he taught me that all people in science jobs aren't nerds"

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful "nerdy" husband who really makes science seem so great, even though our daughter has terrible tests scores in Science at school!!!

Love you Adam so much!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Aren't student evaluations the best!? I can see how he would totally be an awesome teacher! Danny would die to teach biology. Yea for cute husbands who want to be nerdy science teachers, haha. :)

Robert Trishman said...

Adam is a great teacher! I love the comment - 'fun to pick on'. Adam, you make us all pleased to know you! Keep up the great work.

RP said...

I totally understand about the "nerdy" husband! He's gotten our kids to start doing experiments at 3! It's a lot of fun!

Sara B said...

Great teachers are hard to come by-I think all parents are grateful for all the "Adams"that are out there.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. And I think Adam is such an awesome guy, he's got to be the best teacher those kids have ever had!