Another couple weeks have sneaked past us again. Here are a few photos of our current events.We now have a thumb sucker. Melissa and I promised not to allow this to happen again, it was so hard to get Morgan to stop, but she has been the best baby ever since. I think that is why Morgan was such a good baby, she could always comfort herself. I just might start myself, Melissa wouldn't have such a "grumpy-gus" after work.
We also have a roller as well. Mikayla finally got tired of contorting herself to see everything around her so now she rolls around. She usually does it the best when she is distracted while gumming and sliming on one of her toys.
Mikayla is now starting the rice cereal diet. As you can see she has a lot of support from her big sister, which is good because like most diets, the food is terrible! In this photo you can see Mikayla doing quite well on her portion management, she wisely only puts half of the cereal in her mouth and lets the other half dribble out.
For my fellowship we often have bus loads of kids coming on field trips to Penn State. While we normally perform a lot of science demos, a couple weeks ago I brought the bottom half of my robot with a lid and seat attached. I brought it home for the neighbor kids to try, this is a photo of Morgan while I drive it with a remote control. The best way to describe the ride is a tea-cup ride that not only spins but drives all over too. I haven't made any kids throw up...yet.
Morgan had her 5th birthday a while ago. She was so spoiled from the extended family that we only had to remind her that the Carrie Underwood concert was a birthday present and we called it good.
Morgan loved all her toys that she received. That day she used these beads to make Melissa and I necklaces...which Melissa wore so proudly.
Here is Morgan at a bicycle party with some friends. She has been obsessed with her bike lately and just can't stand playing indoors anymore.
At the party the kids got to decorate their bikes and tape on a playing card to slap against the spokes and make some motor noises. They then got to race around a couple bike courses and receive a medal at the end.
Here is Morgan making a good push around the bike course. She later said "My legs hurt so bad but I didn't stop because you are never supposed to give up in a race!"
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Never Give Up
Posted at
9:39 PM
6
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What an awesome neighbor! I would love to ride on a robot, fun! Everyone has these great pics of kids enjoying being outdoors, but sadly this is the time of year that you are indoors in texas. We do manage to go swimming a few times a week but if you are anything but in the pool it's miserable. What fun having a bike party!
Thank you for the update and wonderful pictures! Morgan - great work on the race. :) It's wonderful to see photos of the happenings. Take care. We love you!
Happy Birthday Morgy!! Looks like such a fun party and that bike party looks like such a fun idea!! We miss you guys like crazy!
Yay! I've been invited to your blog. Thanks so much. I love these pictures. Happy birthday to Morgan.
It was a great party. I love that Morgan already has such a great attitude. What a go-getter. And, can I have a ride on that robot?
Morgan says the greatest stuff! I'm so sad we missed her party. Nick wants to play with her everyday (as do I!).
Post a Comment