Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grabbers

Another you know what...

For the Grandparents.

For me.

These girls are a good combination, one is fascinated and one loves attention. Let's see how long this lasts.

Morgan at the "Touch a Truck" in State College. She got to sit in a fire truck, backhoe, super lawnmower...

Morgan pretending to be a lifeguard. She had a pretend whistle to get everyone out of the pool and a magic button that automatically cleaned the pool.

Now for a few "Morganisms..."

A few days ago I was working upstairs and overheard Morgan asking Melissa when we were going to move. Melissa told her that it would take a while for me to defend my thesis and then it would take a little longer to fix some things. Morgan quickly responded and said "Yeah, 'cause everything in this house is broken!" Actually, Melissa was talking about the final touches on my thesis, but I guess I might have some work to do around the house as well.

These past few days I've been stressing out over a conference paper that is due on the 1st. The other day Melissa was about to leave to run an errand while I was upstairs writing. Melissa has been really helpful in giving me time to "write a paper" which basically means she takes the girls with her everywhere. With a lot of guilt and a bit of good will I offered to watch the girls while she ran her errands, but Morgan thought I was joking and said "Daddy, I don't want to write a paper!"

Today Melissa and the girls went with me to go home teaching to the Markel family. We home teach a family with a few dogs, one of which is fairly large so Morgan thinks the rest (full grown beagles) are puppies. So she'll let the beagles come around, but she is absolutely terrified of anything else. Knowing this, Sister Markel brought out one beagle at a time and let Morgan pet them. Mikayla was having a blast and nearly ate the "puppy" with her obsession to taste everything. Even while Melissa was pulling her away from the dog, with every attempt to continue touching the dog, Mikayla stuck her foot in it's eye. I guess the dog liked the attention so it ran around the coffe table, hopped up on the couch to get closer, and then sat on Morgan's lap. I thought she was going to have a heart attack, but instead giggled for one second, then began to bawl the next. We pulled the dog off and tried to tell her that the dog won't hurt her, but Morgan just said "I don't want it to poop on me!"

As for Mikayla, she is on her was to mischief; she is barely starting to scoot herself army-crawl style. A few days ago, Melissa put Mikayla down in our closet in the bathroom so she could take a shower. Man, this blog post is making her look like a slave huh? She's the best. Anyway, she put Mikayla down and continued to get ready for a shower. Melissa turned back around to check on Mikayla and found that she had pulled open the bottom drawer of my dresser and was happily sucking on the bottom corner while simultaneously pulling out my t-shirts. This is one of the many reasons why we call her Grabbers.

8 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

They are so cute! Both of my boys are completely afraid of dogs as well. I love that she wasn't as afraid of the dog as she was of it pooping on her! Hilarious!

Annie said...

These pictures are sooo cute, and I love the funny stories, they are hilarious.

Adam, cutting it a little close with home teaching this month, aren't you?:)

Bekah said...

Goodness gracious, I have never seen such beautiful sisters!! Such fun. I'm so glad I get to experience the Deans in all their glory for the next six months!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Adam I love that you chime in and write posts for the blog, you are a good story teller. Great stories your girls sounds like so much fun. Melissa you are an amazing mom wife and slave. =) Adam your a lucky guy, and your not so bad yourself. HA HA. We love your cute family keep the stories coming so we can know the girls a little.

Anonymous said...

Melissa really is the best. And good luck finishing the thesis! When you guys do finally move out here we would love to see you!

Rachel said...

You guys are so cute, I can't get enough of the Morganisms, she is HILARIOUS!!! We miss you guys like crazy and I love how Mikayla is becoming more and more "Dean-ish" every picture!

Megan, John and kids said...

Ah, the stress of getting finished. Adam, you're doing an amazing job. I remember the summer before we moved here, I was frantically working on finishing my thesis so I wouldn't have as much to do long distance. Eowyn was two, and she could often be found with pencil and paper, and if you asked her what she was doing, she'd reply that she was writing her thesis.
What adorable girls, I love that Morgan was more afraid of cleanliness issues with the dog, but hey, I wouldn't want it to poop on me, either!
And, again, this all goes to show what an amazing wife, mother and woman Melissa is. She really is the best, you better appreciate her, Adam!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

I love the lifeguard pic, that is awesome, what an imagination!!! You and your family are amazing, especially being able to move clear across the country!!! Our time will come soon and I'm not so sure I'm ready to move around the world!!!! Thanks you for your great example!!!