Another photo update:Another rare photo of Melissa, Morgan somehow sneaked this one.
Have you ever seen the Taylor Swift "Teardrops on my guitar" video? For Morgan's birthday she got that CD and on it was the video. One day, while Melissa was changing Mikayla's diaper, Morgan put on some chap stick and a dress, laid on her bed, and then started to sing the song, imitating Taylor Swift. If you know Melissa and I, you should be as puzzled as we are with how "girly" this little one behaves.
And to prove how girly she is, check out this pose she gave us today while at the mall.
And while at the mall we walked through the men's suits section. After wandering around for a few minutes Morgan saw a gray sport coat and said, while rubbing the fabric between her fingertips, "This looks like something a missionary would wear, or someone who has a dog." I was dying. But do you think that comment was random? Well, right after that she walked up to these pair of slacks, again felt the fabric between her fingertips, and said "This is nice! Do you think it can get wet?"
Morgan loves reading, or pretending to read, books to Mikayla, and Mikayla loves hearing them, especially when her big sister is the reader. This photo is on one occasion when Morgan asked Melissa if Mikayla could play with her in the toy room. Melissa came back a minute later to find Mikayla listening quietly to her sister and couldn't pass up the photo opportunity.
Mikayla is starting to sleep like her mother and big sister--all over the place. She will start on her back, then roll to her stomach, scream because she can't get back over or because she is tangled in her blankets, but usually end up on her side. Her hobby, however, is picking at the bumpers in her crib. Here you can see where she has picked away most of a couple stars.
Just another quick story. I just love to tease and wrestle Morgan, but it is now starting to backfire on me. Tonight I had Mikayla sitting on my chest while I was laying on the ground talking to her. Morgan came up to us and starting talking too, but when she noticed that she was directly above me with her hair hanging down, she could not pass up the opportunity to quickly lower her head to put her hair in my mouth. She thought it was so funny said said "Do you want a snack?" and tried it again. After a minute of trying to stop her without dropping Mikayla, Morgan backed off and said "Is that what you want for Father's Day? A hair snack?"
17 comments:
Adam - WELCOME HOME! A hair snack? That's pretty unique, and I'm sure she gets it from her dad. Thanks for the update. Mikayla loves books and I'm thrilled to hear her listening. Love to you all.
(By the way, the video didn't load up - I'll have to try again.)
Love the pictures... and especially the one of Melissa! You look so cute as always..
I always love reading your blog. I love the stories! Your little Morgan is just too cute!
Melissa, I love the photo of you! You're so pretty! Great stories, as usual.
Melissa looks great as usual! I love the little video oof mikayla. She is getting so big! I forgot how fast they grow the first year!
by the way - - where'd the adorable monkey come from that's with Mikayla? Does she just love it? Love you all!
Your Morgan is so funny! What a bowl of sunshine! You two are such great parents.
Love you!
Rachel Mano
Your kids have so much character! Morgy is such a little diva!!
So fun to see a picture of Melissa on the blog. And, that Morgan. My favorite is the picture of Morgan reading to Mikayla, and how she's listening so intently. And, Adam, for you sake, I really hope Morgan gets you a better gift for Father's Day.
I love Morgan's pose. She is so girly. Mikayla is getting big, that's great that she loves books this early. She's going to be so smart.
Thank you very much for your nice comments!! We miss you guys a ton and we were always wondering how you were doing out there on the east coast...I love this blog stuff because it lets you keep in contact with old friends!! I love looking in on your blog to see how you and your girls are doing and I cant believe how grown up Morgan is!!! Your little Mikayla is darling and I bet Adam loves being outnumbered 3 to 1!!! :) I hope you guys are enjoying your summer!! Take care!!
It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Your girls are so cute. I can't believe how big Morgan is getting. It was fun to read about the funny things that she says. Don't kids say the funniest things.
Your girls are so cute. I wish you guys lived closer. Kaylee loves reading stories to Sadie too. Sometimes I'm amazed that Sadie sits so still and listens. Too cute! We miss you guys.
I love the picture of Melissa - it makes me miss you Mel! I have two girls now too and I am worried with how they will get along. Morgan is such a good big sis. Thanks for all of you supportive comments on our blog. You guys are the best of friends even from far far away! Love you!
Yeah I am in. I have been wanting to see your blog forever. You invited me so long ago and then I could not see it , I dunno. You guys are so beautiful. This made me miss you. What a fun family. You are a wonderful mom Mel D that is so fun to see. Blogging Rocks!
Hey you guys! Your little family is so cute! Thanks for you comment on my "buried alive" story hehe. Keep in touch and check out our blog!
Post a Comment