It's been a while since I've posted a Morganism...
Tonight Melissa went to a district budget meeting where she was able to vote for what the school district will do with their budget. Unfortunately she was one of ~30 people that attended, out of the several thousand of families that could have attended. Pretty sad huh. Unfortunately, she was not with the popular vote of changing kindergarten from half day to full day but only three times a week--lame.
Anyway, Melissa was gone, and when it gets late one of my favorite activities is just watching TV with the girls, so we found the Matilda movie nearly over and decided to finish it. It was a lot of fun having both girls with me. Mikayla would just sit next to me and stare, then when I would look at her she just smiles, waves, and says "Hiiii."
During one of the commercial breaks one of those annoying Proactiv acne commercials came on. I wasn't really paying attention, but Morgan was very intrigued by it. After the commercial was over, Morgan turned to me and said "Dad, will they show that commercial again?" I said that I was sure it would find it's way back into my living room again someday and she said "Good, I think Mommy will want to watch it." I nearly died, but in order to keep the good stuff coming I bit my cheek and asked "Why would you think Mommy would want to watch that?" Morgan--she's getting smarter--caught on to my tone and started to question her motives and maybe even figured that she said something wrong, but she only answered "I don't know..."
I pressed Morgan a little further with a couple more questions until she finally said "Well, it said 'Free' in it," probably thinking that Mommy loves to get free stuff. I finally asked her "Morgan, do you know what that stuff is for?" and she softly replied saying "Right here..." as she, somewhat hesitantly, pointed her finger to her armpit. Again, after biting my cheek, I asked again what it was for and this time she lifted her arm over her head and pointed directly at her pit and said "Right here."
Oh she is so confused...soon enough she will know the difference between acne cream and anti-persperant!
Now, just a little bit of a Kay-izm:
Tonight I was feeding Mikayla (I just call her Kayla) her dinner, consisting of chicken, rice, and peaches. I don't like to let her feed herself peaches because she likes to wipe her hands on her head, usually making some pretty interesting hair-do's. She did fine with the chicken and rice until she spotted the peaches. She is pretty cute when she signs peaches, to do so you lightly pinch your cheek as if you are grabbing some peach fuzz, but Kayla uses her neck.
Anyway, once she spotted the peaches, that was all she wanted. I even tried to sneak in some more chicken, but every time she spotted it on the fork she would shake her head no. If I stuck the chicken in her mouth anyway she would shove it out with her tongue and then relentlessly sign "peach." One time, after trying to trick her with the chicken, I stuck a small chunk of a peach on her fork and went to feed it to her, obviously assuming she would want it. When I placed it near her mouth, practically under her nose, she leaned back to inspect what I was feeding her. I tried to reassure her that it was a peach, but it wasn't until she could lean back far enough to get the peach within view that she stared at it for just a moment, then, she smiled at it, waved at it, then said "Hiii" to it before finally eating it. What a goof.
Here is a little photo of Kalya's eating style. Usually once a week the girls will bring dinner to my office...a cheap way of eating out I guess.
And don't forget Smorgs... This is after I gave the girls a bath. Notice that Kayla is not quite finished and is getting ready to take a shower.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Right here...
Posted at
12:14 AM
7
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!! Morgan is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! That was great!
absolutely love it. Thanks so much for sharing. We love you and hope to see you soon
What cute kids, although I think the cutest bit has to be when Kayla waved at and said Hi to the peach before eating it.
Morgan's cute little personality totally reminds me of Little William. They could be such GREAT friends...too bad they don't go to school together, nor are they in the same primary class....oh well....maybe next year they will get placed in the same first grade class. I will cross my fingers.
I just never get enough of your sweet and funny girls. Such a kick in the pants!
This post made me laugh so hard. I still remember the full on suit you would put on Morgan while she was eating. Did that get lost in the move? eh? Looks like Kayla needs it. Miss you guys.
So is Morgan saying that Melissa like free stuff and needs to wear deodarant? That's great stuff. You should write a book.
Post a Comment