Just a quick update with a few photos:
We are not used to being home owners, especially not used to having to fix things ourselves. I mean, we just came from renting with access to the best maintenance service around: see here.
Well, we found a perfectly drilled 1" hole in the foundation wall that was letting in water, so I had to spend a weekend patching that up:
Melissa had a fun experience fertilizing our lawn--that's right PA friends, remember out West we have to fertilize and water our lawn! Well, we borrowed a friends "fertilizer dropper thingamabob" and Melissa went to town fertilizing the lawn one morning while I was at work. Now, Melissa and I still joke around a little about how much better the Skyline Eagles were at everything than the Orem Tigers, but apparently Melissa wanted to show off her Tiger pride with her fertalizing job:
So...we are slowly learning how to maintain this place.
So sorry you all have to see my mistake, as you can see we are really trying to increase the value of our property in the neighborhood!
Anyways, Morgan and I were talking the other day about her school and I was asking if anybody was mean to her. She told me no, but then she got really upset. "Kaden thinks that he is stronger than Dad, mom, and he's not!" She was so upset about this and so I calmed her down. Later on that night I was telling Adam and Morgan got so upset, "Dad, he thinks he is stronger than you, that he is stronger than anyone in this world, it makes me so mad. He is just as mean as a cricket!" She was very upset about all of this, so we kept her up and talked with her about it for about an hour, literally. Then the next day when Morgan came home, Adam asked her how things were going with Kaden, if he still thought he was the strongest and she said, "Oh, that hasn't happend for awhile!"
Mikayla is our little adventure if she is not throwing her stuffed dog at the guy behind us at church, she is dipping her finger in the little can that catches grease under our barbeque and eating it. Well, usually when she wakes up in the morning she yells until I come and get her. One morning I knew she was awake but I was getting stuff done around the house until she started to yell for me. After a long time she was really quiet, so I peeked in her room to see if she was ok and she had undone her zippered pajamas, and was just sitting against the side of her crib playing with her belly button. She just looked like a dirty old man, scratching her tummy. I wish I had the camera!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Oh The Joys...
Posted at
11:30 PM
10
comments
· Read & Write Comments Here ·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Tigers have their own style Adam! There is nothing wrong with that!! Eagles, however.....
Hurray for a new post! I sure do miss you guys. Maybe you should have an Olympus Titan show you how to fertilize the lawn! :)
I think the lawn looks sweet like that. You are starting a new trend. Can't wait to see how it catches on. Miss you all!
I wish you had the camera for Mikayla playing with her belly button, too. Why buy toys? I'm glad that you're figuring things out with home ownership. I hope that Morgan can learn to ignore boys and their bragging, if not, she'll spend too much time upset.
It's great to have another update!
Well at least you know fertilizer works! Lots of parts of your grass look nice. We just put seed down in our back yard after digging it all up in the fall. It is about 1/2 inch long! We can't wait for green grass. I bet your kids love playing on it.
okay this is pretty hilarious. I am not even kidding. I am cracking up right now picturing Melissa doing this. I wish I lived next door to you so we could play on that lawn and laugh. Good times.
Ok, the lawn, that is hilarious. Something is seriously wrong! So funny. We're learning how to take care of a yard too and it is pretty overwhelming. I think I'm going to be a fan of small flower beds when we get our own house someday.
Melissa i LOVE the lawn!!! lol
So funny !
OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I'm laughing SO hard!!! I love your lawn, that is the funniest thing I've ever seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!
Post a Comment