Monday, June 8, 2009

New Challenge

Today, I saw president Eyring's challenge on the LDS.org site:




After viewing his challenge, I started to think about how I started this blog with the intentions to record the everyday happenings and funny stories that Morgan (and now Mikayla also) might like to read when they are older. Lately it seems that we've been a little too busy to record those stories, so now we hope to do better.

For example, today was stake conference, which I think is the nightmare of any parent with young children. There is nothing like two hours of entertaining children while sitting on hard metal chairs, with 8 inches of leg room, 100 yards from the speaker, to make you appreciate the short 70 minute sacrament meetings on a padded bench. So, needless to say, patience was running a little thin. After fighting our way through the traffic and making it home, we finally settled down to each lunch. Have you ever just assigned your children to pray, because you just felt too frustrated to do so yourself? Well, Morgan said the prayer to bless the food and, quite humbly, said "...please forgive us for all the things we've done wrong..." and then continued to bless the food and say her usual thank you's for electricity, ice, water... It was interesting to me that she was the one who was humble enough to ask forgiveness when I'm sure she needed it the least. She is a good example.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that video!!! Morgan is such a sweetheart!