One night while I was gone Adam and the girls found a bird on the side of our house and they were able to feed it and get really close to it before it flew away!

If you look close enough, you can see Mikayla playing in the sandbox, which is located in my flourishing garden (it's even harder to see the corn stalks)
Everyday it is something new for Mikayla to try on and wear for the day. This day (and almost everyday in the summer) it has been her pink winter boots. The other day it was a life jacket. She was so mad at her horse because she couldn't ride him with the life jacket on. Yesterday it was a Dora backpack.
Wearing anything she can find.
As Adam would put it, "Mikayla likes to eat everything" today Adam was in nursery helping out and she chewed apart a nerf ball, yesterday I caught her with soapy breath I asked her if she ate some soap, she slowed nodded her head yes..did you like the soap, I asked, and they she slowly shook her head no!

Morgan's favorite shopping cart in town
Morgan's favorite shopping cart in town
Morgan has really enjoyed playing soccer this year. She has scored lots of goals, pushed down a few kids, and really loves running.
Morgan always has a saying for the day:
"Mom & Dad, I know where we can take our next family vacation....to space!"
While standing with her arms folded and one leg out in front of her, Morgan says "Mom, sometimes when I go like this I feel like I'm practicing to be 15, or like Ivy or something."
Morgan and Mikayla were playing at a fun center and Morgan randomly turned to Mikayla and said "F@&! your hair and go home...wait, did I just say that? Yeah, f@&! your hair and go home!" It was difficult for Melissa to not laugh while explaining to her that saying f@&! is not appropriate. We are still unsure where she picked up that little gem.
My sweet husband has a long "Honey-Do List" and is amazing with it all. He framed our entire basement in four days! He is so wonderful! Here is a picture midway.
Mikayla loves to eat sandwiches and smear Miracle Whip all over her face
A double rainbow we saw on our way home from Morgan's game last week.
Mikayla loves ketchup. During dinner one night Mikayla grabbed her white dog off the table and dipped it's face in her ketchup and ate it off the dog's face!
Bed racing is the new hit thing in our town so the girls and I went to go see what it was all about.

12 comments:
So good to see updated photos of the fun things you're all doing. Love you so much! Rob and Cindy
Wahoo! Do I really get to see you in 5 days? I love you and miss you!
You have certainly been busy. Good luck with the basement. I am sure that in on our project list somewhere as well.
It's always a hoot to read about Morgan, and Mikayla has such personality, too. I love how tiny she looks on the swing. Looks like you're doing well and having a great summer!
Morgan looks so cute in her soccer uniform!! I am so glad she is having fun with it!!
Bed racing? Gotta love Rexburg!
That is the coolest slip n' slide I have ever seen! Your girls are so cute. I love that Mikayla puts so many clothes on. Most kids like to have nothing on. What a funny kid! It looks like you guys are having fun in your new town. Good luck with the basement. I'm so glad ours is done. You will have so much dust in your house from the dry wall. It's worth it when you are done.
Tell Mikayla that we've found Irish Spring to be a little less bitter than other brands. However, Coast tends to give an almost "forgotten Christmas candy from under the bed" aftertaste to it... Love hearing about the girls!
Tell Adam we want to see those swing tricks next time he's in town too.
Melissa, those pictures and stories are HILARIOUS!!! LOT Of LOVE TO YOU!
Okay I have a few things to say about this post - first of all I am so glad you updated and your girls are so beautiful and just perfect. second - what a beautiful garden - are you watering it too much? Any squash bugs? and don't plant 20 tomato plants in a 1 foot sqare area - okay? Okay? Any mice? earwigs? Just wondering and remembering our gardening days. Oh the joys. And last of all - bed racing? Is this for real? It's like bed knobs and broomsticks all over again - I want to move to your town. Seriously. Two words..What the? Love and miss you guys! Glad your summer was very eventful. Just be careful on those beds.
You guys always have the best pictures EVER!!! I feel like I've just been smothered by all that wonderful Dean goodness!!! I miss you guys! Your girls are so darling, Mikayla reminds me SO much of Morgan when she was little!!!
I totally echo all of Kooky Queen's comment!
Love to see more of you guys. And I would love to be a visiting teacher like you, Melissa. I think about that periodically.
My garden looks just like yours!! It's the ants, right? The ants ate up most of your seeds before they even sprouted too, right? :) At least it's a great place to dig! (Samuel and Rose have that down pat.)
Post a Comment